Friday, May 28, 2010

"Where have you been?!"

Well, what can I say? I've been gone for quite a long time. Masha Allah Between moving to a new place, and one of my sons moving with his father, there could be plenty to talk about. But the reality is, there is nothing to talk about. It's just as cut and dry as I wrote, believe it or not. I live a quiet, simple, "not much to talk about", kind of life. My adventure in motherhood still continues, and it gets more interesting by the second. I'm so old fashioned, I am beginning to feel I am withering away at times, and other times I am so thankful for my"old fashioned" views. Things have happened in the past year that has definitely brought me closer to my lord. Wa Al-humdulillah. I have found peace, and tranquility that makes me yearn for simplicity. My treat for my self comes ALMOST every evening, when I tuck my mini me's into bed, and I indulge in studies and ice cream. Yes, simple I know, but with so many other extra things, they come with extra problems.
Of course, I am not a professional writer, nor do I have any expectations of making a big deal out of this. But there was a time when I was down in the dumps, and a blog by an "average mom" made me feel like raising children is an adventure and not issues that are just in the way. If I can return the favor to some other mom, then a chain can get started. :-D We can all look at our children and say, "Come on you little person, give me your best shot!" Lets match the little people with our wit and imagination. After all, we were once little people ourselves, and suffered with boredom, power struggle, and peers. If we can relate more, it makes it more of an adventure than a job. We need those nights back when we made a makeshift tent in the living room and "camped out" all night. Lets bring back our senses, because we've lost the love of that squishy feeling of mud or slime. Where did it go? I have these constant questions in the back of my mind that says, "Why do I look at the same objects, places, or people, and can't seem to see the same things any longer?" And then it hits me every time I wonder these questions; life beat the crap out of me.
I am a grown up, and when I was a kid, I looked at that as power. I made constant promises to myself to take one night and just pig out on junk, because grown ups said I would get sick. I've become a grown up and still haven't had a "junk" night. But, in my young adult years, I've drink myself into a good hang over and have gotten sick. Ah, the irony of the matter, I've become what I use to think was so lame. But guess what, it's never too late. If we take our intelligence we've gained over the years, and remain responsible, and let loose those little people we were, what an adventure it can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment